By Dez Duran-Lamanilao
Marketing your property is not as easy as it sounds. This will require creativity, investment, and most importantly, patience before you can finally let go of that deep breath.
Before advertising a house, homeowners should be aware of the real estate trends to watch out for in 2017 such as increased mortgage rates, more competition due to higher wages and increased demand, and a higher influx of foreign investment, especially from Asian buyers who want more security for their wealth. Keeping these in mind will emphasize the importance of ensuring shorter vacancy times for your house.
Check out these few tips if you are thinking of advertising a property anytime soon:
- Take photographs that will show the property’s best angles. While the interiors of the house are what renters immediately look for, introducing a façade that looks spacious, clean and clutter-free will tick the creative imagination of anyone looking at your ad.
- When taking pictures of the interiors, turn on the lights and avoid darker areas to give the illusion of space especially for small houses. Elegant decorations will also entice the buyer’s creative taste.
- Schedule an open house during weekends, particularly on a Sunday, to attract more attendees.
- Come up with a well-designed “For Rent” sign and place it in a strategic location. It helps to put up more than one sign, as long as it does not violate any laws.
- You can advertise via local newspapers, real estate publications or websites; whichever will give you the most cost-effective results.
- Direct mail with eye-catching and short but complete advertisement may be your best bet if you want to reach more prospective tenants without having to spend so much.
Finally, getting the services of a professional management team may prove to be a wise decision. They can help you advertise your property on high traffic rental and classified websites. Their expertise can also attend to tenant inquiries and concerns in a professional manner. With perfect timing and proper execution, marketing your property is also not as difficult as it may prove to be, given the right resources and assistance from experienced partners.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.