By Dez Duran-Lamanilao
Home maintenance is an expense owners should never do without if they want to keep or upgrade the market value of their property and attract tenants in the process. In fact, it will be a missed opportunity if prospective tenants find a leaking faucet, malfunctioning systems, or broken floor tiles during initial inspections. Home maintenance can be seasonal, monthly, quarterly, semi-monthly or annually. Below are some examples of which parts of a house require regular check-up and/or repair:
- Seasonal (fall, winter, spring or summer) – Gas heating system, window and door screens, ice dams on the roof, landscaping and outdoor features, chimney, and air conditioning system
- Monthly – Smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, sink drains, HVAC filters, water heater, kitchen sink disposal, and range hood filters
- Quarterly – Faucets, smoke/carbon dioxide detectors, garage door auto-reverse feature, water softener, and trees and bushes
- Semi-annual – Clothes washer/dryer, broken tiles or missing shingles on the roof or chimney, gutters, refrigerator coils, and all electrical outlets and breakers
- Annual – Concrete slabs and patios, septic tank, heating system furnace and hot water tank, and major appliances
To efficiently cover all areas of your home and save time in the process, try preparing a home maintenance checklist especially for your monthly/quarterly schedules. Consequently, a checklist can help you separate the chores that are easy and can be done on a daily basis from those that require expert advice and professional assistance.
Check out the video below offering home maintenance tips for first-time owners:
Maintenance can be done and managed by the owners themselves. For the more difficult tasks, it is best to seek the help of experts who are already experienced in home upkeep. This option will allow you to save time and money that you can use for other purposes. Real Property Management Azalea City specializes in home management and maintenance. They have testimonials from satisfied clients that support their claim of giving their clients quality service at competitive pricing and guarantees. Maximize the potential of your house and preserve your investment now.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.