If you have a home, you doubtlessly also have a junk drawer. This is where you stash all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s generally a mess, and it’s frequently challenging to find what you’re looking for. But did you imagine that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you keep the right items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This may sound simple, but you’d be amazed how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can be helpful when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark space.
- Batteries. Batteries are utilized for a variety of things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep a few extra batteries on hand, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Obtain one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another effective tool that can be employed for a wide range of tasks, from gripping something too small to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always vital to have some close by. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always handy.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Go for the small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer clean.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is vital for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will come in handy.
- Scissors. Scissors are always valuable, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a small pair of scissors that can easily be kept in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be utilized for a wide range of activities, from keeping cords tidy to bundling up newspapers. They’re also useful for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, don’t overlook the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Even though several junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t need to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) may help keep your junk drawer organized and your essential items simple to find. If your junk drawer is already a headache, here are some options for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a handful of simple steps.
Now that you distinguish what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! However, if you sense that your current Semmes home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, contact Real Property Management Azalea City. We deliver excellent rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your ideal lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.