Image source: Houzz.com
Whether you plan to build a new home or renovate an existing one, the bathroom is placed in equal importance along with other parts of the house simply because it is what guests usually see next aside from the living room and the kitchen. It is also one the most used parts (and sometimes most ignored) of the house and therefore proper planning and care will go a long way.
Here we gathered the top bathroom must-haves that you should include in your planning list:
- Look for mirrors that are moisture resistant and are perfect for brightening or enlarging your bathroom especially if you have a small space.
- Shower heads. They usually fall into four basic categories: standard wall-mount, hand-held, top-mount, and body sprays and spa shower panels.
- A wide range of options is available for those wishing to install tubs in their bathrooms. It is important to note where the plumbing is before you decide on the type of tub you need. Depending on your available space and budget, they can be recessed, corner, drop-in, freestanding, whirlpool or customized bathtubs.
- Shower and window curtains/coverings
- Trash Can
- Shower caddy
- Bathroom accessories (Soap dish, toothbrush holder, pails, lotion/shampoo/conditioner containers)
- Towel and tissue holders
- Cleaning materials and disinfectants. Examples of areas that need regular cleaning are floors, walls, doors, shower heads, tubs, sinks, toilets, and mirrors and other fixtures.
- They can help prevent odors from forming and neutralize the bacteria that are commonly found in bathrooms. Urinal Deodorizers are also a great way to lessen the number of times that you have to disinfect because they do the job themselves.
- Water heaters. Whether you need a floor heater or a heated towel rack, consider the ventilation in your room first before deciding on the type of heater you need.
Seek an expert to install plumbing and water heating systems to ensure a safe operation. In addition, professional installation would mean compliance with existing building and safety codes and usually comes with a warranty.
By Dez Duran-Lamanilao
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.